Whats what where from used

DCC NCE powercab is used with a SB3a
Sound Locos from Eureka(QSI)
Sound chips from Soundtraxx installed by myself
Point control will be Modratec and Peco motors

Friday, October 17, 2014

Austrains 8169 in Freightcorp livery

I received my ordered 81class but not the livery I wanted , I ordered one of the cancelled liveries in National Rail . I like 8112 seen in and around Newcastle coal loader. I removed the shell so I could put a decoder in it to give it a run at the Liverpool Exibition . Its a nice runner . Once I plugged a NCE14 decoder in made sure it moved OK backwards and forwards I then put the body back on 4 screws and the KDs and placed on the Track . Gave it its number 8169 on the program track and it was good to go. Turned the headlights on and the SMDs are tinted yellow as wellas the numberbox light is also yellow . The forward marker is tinted blue and that was easily fixed with a dab of orange clear Tamiya paint ,that worked , its now a nice white colour . The headlight was another problem I have since hardwired a SoundTraxx tsunami EMD645 turbo decoder into it , its still a work in progress . I have unsweated the two yellow smds and resoldered sunny white ones in place . Now looks a lot better . I have also started weathering it






No comments:

Post a Comment