After removing the NR shell I removed the lighting board hardwired a NCE 13 decoder I had lying around and also removed the incandescent blub headlight and installed a white LED its a bit too blue (light) I dipped it in some Tamiya orange changed it a bit but not enough.
I removed the aussie flag and the QAS off the side double diamonds to go also .I will try some ELO on the diamonds to soften the paint .
Diamonds gone off the front headlights too bright and blue
Existing couplers removed and Little trains adaptors fitted
Seeing the real NR19 had blue cowling below the fans so I masked them off and airbrushed them blue. The National Rail side boards were just painted over (and I suspect the the real ones were painted over as well) in blue and Pacific National decals fitted. While the airbrush was out I gave it a misting of dust and dirt . Grimy black and rust to follow .