Whats what where from used

DCC NCE powercab is used with a SB3a
Sound Locos from Eureka(QSI)
Sound chips from Soundtraxx installed by myself
Point control will be Modratec and Peco motors

Saturday, May 3, 2014

NR19 Update

 After removing the NR shell I removed the lighting board hardwired a NCE 13 decoder I had lying around and also removed the incandescent blub headlight and installed a white LED its a bit too blue (light) I dipped it in some Tamiya orange changed it a bit but not enough.
 I removed the aussie flag and the QAS off the side double diamonds to go also .I will try some ELO on the diamonds to soften the paint .
 Diamonds gone off the front headlights too bright and blue
 Existing couplers removed and Little trains adaptors fitted

Seeing the real NR19 had blue cowling below the fans so I masked them off and airbrushed them blue. The National Rail side boards were just painted over (and I suspect the the real ones were painted over as well) in blue and Pacific National decals fitted. While the airbrush was out I gave it a misting of dust and dirt . Grimy black and rust to follow .

No comments:

Post a Comment